Thursday, May 10, 2007

The French Coffee Shop

I also wanted to write about the singing lessons I now take once a week. A cool place opened in Rennes quite recently: The French Coffee Shop, which is coupled with the "Mini-Conservatoire de la Chanson", in reference with Mireille's mini-conservatoire, if you've heard of it. The teacher is Aude Brenner, singer and actress, and who knows what else. Régis Simon is the pianist. The lessons take place in the café every thursday and friday evenings (from 6 to 9). I go there on Fridays. Aude is an excellent teacher, and in two lessons, I have already improved a lot.
She is also Gilles Paquet-Brenner's sister. He is a movie director (UV, with Jacques Dutronc, will be released this month), and he also directed 'Les Jolies Choses' with Marion Cotillard (Aude played her mother in the movie). Aude wrote UV's soundtrack (and sings in it). So you see, she is a professional!
She sings in the café on Thrusday, Friday and Saturday nights, and anyone can come and sing. Marion (my friend, not Cotillard) of course sings everytime and, gosh, that girl can sing! I have sung there a few times too, with a little less success, but well, I don't really care, I sing only for my own pleasure :) I'll take a few photos and post them here.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for linking to my new blog !

I've never heard of this place "the French coffee Shop" but it sounds really nice :-)

Linebelle said...

C'est (oui, je peux aussi le faire en Français) en haut de la place de la Mairie, à Rennes (à la place du Pop Corn). J'encourage vivement tout le monde à aller y faire un tour...