Thursday, May 10, 2007

Art Déco




Here I am again. I thought that I'd try and publish new entries a bit more often. It's not as if I had anything better to do, after all :)
I took the first pics of the flat yesterday; they are only of Abel's bedroom, but the rest will come soon. As you can see, he's got a cool bed! I wish I had had one like that when I was a kid. And, believe me, he loves it! He spends all his time on the bed, acting as though he was a pirate on his ship, looking for Treasure Island. Of course, I took the picture after cleaning the room, and putting away all the toys, because it isn't usually like that, even right now, there are Playmobils and trains all over the place (he's currently playing at "Pole Express").
As for the rest of the place, I want to try and give an Art Déco touch. The building was built in the thirties, and you can kind of see it in the flat. So, even though I have very limited financial means, I try and use that Art Déco touch, and I think it won't be too bad in the end. What I do involves mostly painting things here and there (painting furniture, I mean). But that will be done little by little. I'll post photos to show how things are going.

No comments: