Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Fanfiction #2


I thought I should talk a bit about how the writing's going... As you may or may not know, I have been a member of HarryPotterFanFiction.com for a little over a year now and I currently have two stories on the site. They are, of course, related to Harry Potter. I find that writing fanfiction is a great way to improve as a writer, as I can have instant feedback on what I write. There are also some pretty darn good writer on the site, and being able to tell how good they are, or make suggestion is cool. Of course, most of them are just bad. Like really bad. But then, more than half of them are teenagers... I must say that I have already read stories written by 13 year-olds, and they were captivating! Some of them have a real potential :)

As for me, I don't update my story much, but I think it's quite good. By the way, it's been read by someone who owns another website: The Ultimate Storylist, and they mentioned it, and even marked it as a "Must Read"! I have to say that I was thrilled the day when I saw that :)

I realize that this post is all about me, myself and I, and how good I am, but believe when I say that I am not like that, and can't quite believe it when other people say that they like what I write!

Anyways, I have to finish my story on Tom Marvolo Riddle and how he became Lord Voldemort (very dark fic), and then, I'll write something short about Merlin and the knights of the round table, but I'll try and make it a bit lighter, although, seeing what I already wrote, I don't think it'll be that much lighter... Oh, well, you never know!
Right, I'm starving, and have to go and buy some food :) If anyone wants to read what I write (that is, if you are not allergic to Harry Potter), here is my author's page: http://www.harrypotterfanfiction.com/viewuser.php?showuid=71139.
And if you do read it and like, or even see room for improvement, please, let me know, and leave a review, that would be much appreciated!
Of course, I am not going to write fanfiction for the rest of my life, but I think I still need to improve my writing skills (a lot)... And I'll also let you know when the "real" writing is going anywhere!

No comments: