Tuesday, November 21, 2006

News From Abroad



Lots of things have happened since my last update...

First, the Christmas holidays don't seem to be coming any nearer. I know that it's in less than a month, but wow, that month is long! I miss Abel an awful lot, of course, and it's hard sometimes to hear him on the phone, asking me to come back, knowing that I still have a month to go before seeing him again... And I also miss everyone else, I can't wait to go and do some shopping with Marion, chat with Florie, and moan with the FLE girls about Mrs Schuwer & co.

My school placement is ok, I suppose, but there are times when I wonder what on Earth I am doing there! There are some very nice class, with model pupils who do their work and actually WANT to learn some French (or German), and then, there are the others... I still struggle with my Y10 bottom set: the girls certainly don't give a shit about French, and classroom management with them quickly become a trench war... So, all in all, it's ok, I suppose, but the lesson planning is a real pain, honestly! And I sometimes feel that it's quite pointless.

Enough about work... As some of you already know, there's been some change in other areas of my life. I now have a boyfriend:) His name is Ralf, and I met him during my last trip to London, over a year ago. He is 31, he is Dutch, and well, blond-haired and blue-eyed of course, but then, what else do you expect? ;) So he is currently in London, working to get enough money so that he can go back on his trip (Pakistan, India, Nepal, Tibet and China, if I remember correctly), and after spending Christmas in Holland, he will be back in B'ham until the 1st of February...

That was quite short, but I might send something a bit longer soon... Right, I have to plan a lesson for the 10K3, the Class From Hell, and one for the 8K1 (sweet kids)... Oh, and I had parents' evening tonight: another pain, but hey, I did choose to be a teacher, didn't I?

Bizzzzzzzzzzzz
Aline

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

It seems that being a teacher is not an easy job ! Amélie (an other of my cousins, do you remember ?) lives exactly the same experience in Italy. It makes me smile to imagine the scene but I'm sure you're a great teacher.

Be strong, just one month before holidays :-) !

Anonymous said...

Le moins que l'on puisse dire, c'est que ton nouvel amoureux est globe trotteur. Le laisses-tu traverser le Pakistan en toute sérenité ?

Anonymous said...

That dutch dude sounds pretty cool... Must meet him some day ;-)

Though I hear he does clinical trials for a living.. Mad I tells you!

Anonymous said...

Pour les audiences francaises..

Le dude hollandaise est un dude tres cool je pense! Mais il est aussie tres mal dans son tete, parseque le docteurs experimente sur son pouvre corps pour l'argent...

Finallement.. le chien est dans le frigideur!

Anonymous said...

Hi teaching-girl!
Great job on the boyfriend. I went to check the guy's website. You didn't tell us he was THE dude! Could be nice to meet him some day... But my planning is so busy that I'm not planning a trip to Pakistan or India anytime soon. Tell him hi. And good luck to you with the annoying anti-french girls!
Ciao ciao. See you around brittany sometime!