Sunday, September 02, 2007

Writing, Reading and Validating...


Where to begin ?!?

I know it’s been ages since I last updated but no worries, I haven’t given up my blog :)
I suppose I should start with the beginning then: July. Well, as you probably know, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows was due for release on the 21st of July, my birthday’s eve (yes, believe me, that’s one of the major events of my summer). Of course, as soon as July began, I started feeling thrilled at the mere thought of finally knowing how it would all end. And I wasn’t disappointed. Our dear Jo didn’t let any of us fans down. There were many twists, a whole new unexpected plot unravelled, there were many deaths, and... No, I won’t give the end away in case you haven’t read it yet, although I suppose that, if you haven’t read it by now, you probably never will...

Anyway, back to my summer: about one week before the release, I had the pleasant (euphemism) surprise of finding myself appointed validater at HarryPotterFanFiction.com. This is quite a big thing. It means I am now a staff member, and have to make sure the (many) stories submitted every day are ToS (Terms of Service) compliant. It also gives me powers in the forums (and believe me, the forum is a beast). To give you an idea, HPFF has 21 581 authors right now, 86 142 members, and 11 944 registered forum members! That kept me (and still keeps me) very busy, as about 250 new chapters are submitted every day, and there are about 15 validaters...

It was really nice knowing that I was handpicked by the staff to assist them, and that I was trusted enough to help them!
I also added chapters 6 and 7 to my main fic: Tom Marvolo Riddle ... I am Lord Voldemort, and I wrote a chapter, entitled Toujours Pur, for a collection (Loyalty), written for the two staffers who have taken over the management of the site (Jay, the founder, retired in the summer). It is from Tonks' point of view, and shows how supportive and loyal she was to Harry. It am quite happy with it, even though I had to speed write it :)

Aline xxx

No comments: